Directions: Now that you've completed the labor negotiation, please take a few minutes to reflect on the exercise. Remember, we did this to help you understand how collective bargaining, the premise upon which unions are founded, works.
1. What can you take away from this exercise? What did you learn about unions or how negotiation works?
2. Look at the contract your group negotiated. How satisfied are you with the new contract? In other words, how close did your group get to the ideal contract? Explain:
3. Which items did your group win points for?
4. How do you feel about your team's performance in the negotiation? What is ONE thing your group/you did well? What is ONE thing your group/you could have done better?
5. Consider the team who won. Why did they win? Did you like this activity? Why or why not?