1) Place a loop of string inside a textbook (inside the cover) and hook a Newton scale to the string.
2) Pull the book across the table with a smooth steady pulling motion.
3) In the middle of the (constant speed) pulling motion read the force on the Newton scale. Record force in data table
4) Repeat test for a total of 3 trials. Calculate the Average pulling force (T1 + T2 + T3 ÷ 3).
5) Repeat steps 2, 3, & 4 with 2 books, then 3 books, then 4 books (stack books).
6) Help...review the video example above