Introduction: Using the Scientific Method to study a phenomenon usually begins with an observation of something in our world. As the individual becomes more curious, they may decide to investigate and in that process develops a testing procedure to gather data and determine an answer to the original question. The following pictures/scenarios give you an opportunity to practice observation.
Last Name, First Name
A 1st Hr
B 2nd Hr
C 4th Hr
D 6th Hr
E 7th Hr
F 8th Hr
1. A cell phone was dropped on this rug. Can you can find it?
When you think you have found it, use one of the icons (free hand, circle, square) and place it around the cell phone.
If you find it, don’t tell others. Let them try to find it on their own.
2. How many squares are in the picture above?
3. Explain what you think the mistake is in the picture below. If you don't think there is a mistake, then write that for your answer.
4. Tell me if you see anything in the picture below. If you see something, then tell me what it is. Again, don’t share with others, let them look at it independently. If you don’t see anything, then write that in your answer.
5. Scenario: Some of the headings in a birth record showed the following entries. Is there something inconsistent with the entries? If so, tell me about it. If not, write that for your answer.
Birth Day: (Entry) 5
Birth Month: (Entry) Nov
Birth Year: (Entry) 1970
Birth Time (Hr): (Entry) 8
Birth Time (min):(Entry) 45
AM or PM: (Entry) AM
Sex: (Entry) M
Type of Birth: Single, Twin, Triplet, etc. (Entry) Twin
Order of Birth: First, Second, etc. (Entry) Third
6. The picture below includes some native purple cone flower plants that reseeded themselves and grew in my flower bed underneath a tree. What is inconsistent or wrong in this picture? If you don't think anything is wrong, then give that as your answer.
7. Find the Lego dog amongst the pandas. Again, use the free hand, circle, or square icon to surround the Lego dog in the picture.
8. How many legs do you see in the above picture?
9. Camoflauge is often used by animals to blend into their environment. If you can locate an animal in this picture, use the free hand, circle, or square icon to surround it.
10. What do you see in the picture above?
Add to my formatives list